Just because many people of my generation have different views of how we want to see the future of our country and how we want to raise our children, that does not make us “libtards” (yes, a phrase I have seen used by people I know) or “dumb millennials” (also used by someone I know). It means we view things differently.
- Some support women’s reproductive rights.
- Some support LGBTQ rights.
- Some want a true single payer universal healthcare system where ALL America’s are covered equally.
- Some support free college for kids to provide them an opportunity to compete in a global economy without crushing debt.
- Some want us to be better stewards of the global environment to preserve it for our grandchildren.
- Some support a global economy without borders, because in the end we are all humans.
Just because some people have a different view of the future, they are not libtards or dumb millennials. We just view things differently than the status quo. We have the right to craft the country how we want to, and how our children want it (more on that in a later post). Someone shouldn’t live in fear of not being a “true Christian” because the have different views.
As for me, I support some of the things I listed above, some I don’t. But, I won’t stay silent on topics I find important. I won’t be silent on causes I believe in. I am always open to a respectful and factual debate.